Friday 1 May 2009

It begins...

The briefs I've chosen for this module are Wagamama, Shelter and Lastminute.com.

I chose wagamama because I love the food and the existing design style but more importantly, I think it is a really open brief which will allow new ideas to be incorporated into their image. I think there could be some noodley, hands-on work to be done which is perfect for the way I work and my appreciation of aesthetics.

Shelter is going to be more challenging because one has to be careful not to create a condescending or patronizing tone of voice. I want to contribute towards creating design which may direct people who are in a terrible situation... Shelter is an organization who can really help. The brief is more restricted in that I have to produce three final posters, but this may make it easier so I know the direction to aim for. It is also what I want so that I can have more practice in print based formats.

Lastminute.com will be a more fun, quick and open brief for me. I think I am going to treat it as a one day brief and attempt to create a very instant resolution. The brief can be taken in a range of directions because Lastminute.com offer a lot of services but that said, this may be challenging in terms of communicating to the audience the quantity of information necessary if I decide to include details.

No comments:

Post a Comment